Wednesday, April 7, 2010
I'm NOT Gonna Get Skinny!
No, at this point, i'm tired of being focused on being "skinny." People are always talking about how girls need "bodypeace" and need to be comfortable in their own skin, then shove all these weight loss ideas in their face and tell them they need to be skinny. Its even in Seventeen magazine.
You see, what we girls need to do is BE HEALTHY. Not skinny, not super pretty, but healthy. If you're struggling to keep your weight DOWN, you're not healthy. I obviously feel the need to lose about fifteen pounds or so. I want to be down to about a size twelve, because I've adopted this philosophy:
1. If you're limiting everything you eat, you're killing happiness, because you're constantly concious of every little thing that goes into your body, and you're not letting yourself be free to have a healthy relationship with food.
2. Everyone has a set point, where they'll be happy and healthy all their life if they follow it
3. just because you're 180 pounds doesn't mean youre obese or fat. you could naturally be thicker, or have a lot of muscle on you. pay little attention to that scale.
Lately, i've been thinking back on a book i read some time ago...Hungry by Crystal Renn:
She will be an inspiration my whole life through.
So i've decided to do this:
1. Eat in moderation. I want to enjoy all the foods i like, i just wont be eating them in all these large proportions that don't fit in my tummy just because they taste good
2. only eat when i'm hungry. i want to train my brain to know that if i need food, i'm going to get it. i want food to make me happy and nourish me, but i don't want it to be a crutch for depression or boredom. that's where art will come in in my life
3. no more soda. i want to try and start to eat organic, so that i know what is going into my body is meant to be in there.
4. i'm going to focus more of my stress and needs into this blog and into my artwork. i want to be successful, and i'm going to utilize everything i can to reach that goal.
I hope i've helped to inspire some of you, and maybe even show you a better way to feel better :)
Posted by Sierra at 7:57 AM