Friday, February 12, 2010

DIY Blue Satin Safety Pin Bow

The Perfect Mix of Sweet and Punk
I'm not so sure why it looks so bright blue in the picture, technically its more of a navy...So this was really easy for me. Basically, I had this huge loop with a rubber band connecting that had come off the present wrapping from a robe I got for Christmas. But it was this gorgeous blue, and was perfect material for headband and I couldn't bear to let it go. So finally, the inspiration struck me as I was setting up my new vanity, that I could fold it into a sort of bow and secure it with safety pins! At first I had the intention of covering up the single safety pin I had, but I loved the sweet-but-edgy look so much that I just decided to put a bunch more!
Basically, I just sized it to my head, folded down the excess into my bow, and strategically placed my safety pins in a strategically messy way! ;)

Although my hair looks terrible in the picture...I had it all curled up nice, and by the time I had the chance to snap and quick shot, it had all fallen flat :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment