Thursday, February 11, 2010

In Loving Memory...Alexander McQueen

Alexander McQueen
16 March 1969-11 Februaury 2010
It's hard to imagine that not too long ago, I was posting about his prominence and genius, and now I write about his alleged suicide. Obviously there has yet to be an official cause of death released, but his mother also died not long ago, and, as is to be expected, he took it hard. It's a huge loss to the world, whether it be fashion or otherwise, and it's extremely difficult for me to accept... I can only imagine how this will affect New York Fashion Week and London Fashion Week. I feel really selfish, just talking about our loss of his clothing....he really was so much more than just what we saw on the runway.

"I get my ideas out of my dreams… if you're lucky enough to use something you see in a dream, it is purely original. It's not in the world -- it's in your head. I think that is amazing."
                                                             -Alexander McQueen

So now, let the inspiration live on in all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment