Friday, February 12, 2010

Style Growing Up

From 15 to 50, Dress For Who You Are
This isn't really about me telling you HOW to dress, so much as WHEN to dress like it. Obviously I'm against thirty year old women dressing as teenagers, but that's not the point right now. I want to focus on the younger crowd. Seeing as I myself am a teenager, I can relate. lol. So have you ever been sitting at home, watching What Not To Wear, and you're totally confused because you sometimes find yourself thinking...'Well gee...i might actually wear that...I think it's cute!' Thats just the thing. Stacy and Clinton are talking to older women. We as teenagers don't have to follow their rules as strictly. What I've realized is, we should stop worrying about dressing appropriate or mature, and just go wild! We're young and unlike the women in InStyle, we don't need to find exactly what works for us just yet and wear it all the time! We're supposed to experiment with and try all those fun outfits in seventeen! Then as we grow up we can settle out, wear what works best, always, like Reese Witherspoon, and then we'll age and we'll dress "age-appropriate."

0 comments:

Post a Comment