Friday, February 12, 2010

DIY French Manicure

I Did It All By Myself, Julia!
Julia is the woman who does my hair and nails :)
Materials:
-clippers
-file
-cuticle stick
-Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Sheer Vanilla
-clear coat
-Sally Hansen nail pen in white
-Conair nail dryer

I started with a clear base coat, then added just one coat of the Sheer Vanilla. Of course, you don't HAVE to use that color, I used it because I have a very light skin tone. Basically, you just want to pick a shade that's slightly milkier than your own skin tone. I used to nail dryer to get that COMPLETELY DRY. If it's not hard to crisp, it'll get messed up when you use the pen. And I know, I know, I've been told a million times not to use little dryers or to blow on nails cuz it will cause bubbles, but I have yet to have a serious problem, so moving on.

After I had my main color down, I carefully colored in my tips with the white. The stuff I have is chalky-looking and wipes away with water, so it's a really easy fix if you mess up, I love it. Unfortunately, you have to be careful with the pen the first several times you use it, cuz it can and will squirt in puddles! But aside from that, it's terribly convenient.

You only need to let the white dry for a minute or two, then just swipe over it with a quick clear topcoat. Be careful how you choose, though. I've noticed that sometimes after given time to dry, some topcoats will put little crackles in the white while others won't. You just have to experiment, really.

And there you go! It's appropriate for work, play, everything! And you can do it with almost any colors you want, really, if you're looking to have a little fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment